The Body Shop Vitamin E Range


A few weeks ago, I had a little splurge at The Body Shop, which has been one of my favourite high street shops for skincare and makeup for years now.
Usually, I only use their Vitamin E Moisture Cream in my skincare routine but as I had run out of a few other products that I can normally only get in Germany, I figured that I should probably replace those permanently with products I can get in the UK, too. As The Body Shop's products are of good quality but of a reasonable price range compared to other brands, I thought that I would try more of their Vitamin E range. 

The range is designed to fit all skin types, so whether you have oily, dry, dehydrated or mixed skin, it is supposed to match all your desires. Also, it especially helps to protect against any damaging effects of the environment on your skin, such as pollution, cigarette smoke and UVA/B rays, so it also prevents premature aging of your skin.

I had run out of moisturizer and of toner, so I simply re-purchased the Vitamin E Moisture Cream and I thought that I would try the Vitamin E Hydrating Toner. Apart from that, I also bought the Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In Oil as I have been wanting to try it for such a long time.



Moisture Cream

As I have been using the Moisture Cream for about a year now, I knew what to expect. They changed the size of it though, so I was a bit disappointed to pay the same price for a much smaller tub. Anyway, the formula has stayed the same, so I am still really impressed by this cream. It doesn't break me out like a lot of other moisturizers do, it hydrates my skin and makes it feel smooth and soft as a baby, and it also sorts out the oily-dryness on my nose which I have been 'suffering' from since puberty. I use it in the morning and evening as it is basically an all-rounder, so it makes my skin feel plump and healthy in the morning, as well as it is a great base underneath my makeup and it keeps my face hydrated all day long. Also, it smells amazingly fresh and I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a good quality moisturizer without spending too much money.


Hydrating Toner

I was really excited for the toner as the old one that I had been using for years was the most hydrating and refreshing thing ever. So, I was curious if this toner would do the job as well and after I opened the bottle for the first time, I was really happy that it had the same amazing smell as the moisturizer, which makes it even nicer to put on your face. 
I use it within my skincare routine in the morning and in the evening after taking off my makeup and cleansing, before I put moisturizer on. This is because a toner helps to absorb any following products a lot better as well as making sure that all makeup and dirt from the day is gone before you rub your cream into your skin. I just put it onto a cotton pad and swipe it across my face, leave it on my eyelids for a few seconds to refresh, and bring it down my neck as well to make sure all access makeup there is gone as well. I always notice whenever I might forget to use this before putting moisturizer on, that my skin is a lot less hydrated than with this toner, so this is an essential product in my routine from now on.


Serum-In Oil

I was the most excited for this oil out of all the products from the range and to be honest - I was quite disappointed. I have never used an oil before as my t-zone gets really oily during the day while my nose is a weird mix of dry patches and flaky skin as well as getting oily. I though that this serum-oil would maybe balance that out and help to prevent any flakiness but actually, it did quite the opposite. It might have gotten rid of the oiliness but instead of moisturizing at the same time, it just dried the skin on my nose out completely. It became even more flaky and applying makeup really wasn't great. It worked quite well on the other areas of my face though, so I might continue using it on my cheeks and forehead, but for my t-zone it really didn't work. For the price of £15.00 I am a bit disappointed by this but it will probably work very well on other skin types.



However, I still want to try a lot of other products from the Vitamin E Range and I am excited for another splurge around one of my favourite hig street skincare shops: The Body Shop!

I hope you found this little post helpful and it might have encouraged you to try a few new things in your skincare routine. I am a really picky person when it comes to my skincare products and I prefer to stick to the products I already know, but it is always nice to give something new a try.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips on how to get rid of oily but dry and flaky skin, as I have the feeling there are not many products on the market for that type of problem.

Thank you for reading,
Vivien xx

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

About me

INSTAGRAM: @vivienwlsn

Like us on Facebook