May Favourites

As I haven't been uploading any posts in a while, I thought I would start with a favourites post at the start of the month! As I do...


As I haven't been uploading any posts in a while, I thought I would start with a favourites post at the start of the month! As I don't have the biggest budget as a sudent at the moment, this is quite a mixture of affordable and a bit more high-end products, a bit of useful daily stuff and beauty products that I've been loving over the past few weeks.


Make-Up





Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

I had been dreaming about this palette for ages and always had to hold myself back to not just run into Debenhams and buy it although I couldn't afford it. But a few weeks ago, I finally had saved up a bit of money and could purchase it without feeling too guilty. And how happy I am that I finally did! It has been a staple in my daily make-up routine since then and not only the pigmentation and colour palette is amazing, but the smell of cocoa makes everything a hundred times better! It is definitely worth the money and I can't wait to be using its warm colours during the whole summer.




MAC 'Nice 'n' Spicy' and MAC 'Modesty'

This lip combo has been essential for me lately. The 90s browny-nude lips are highly on trend at the moment and I absolutely love it. While 'Modesty' is really similar to 'Whirl' and 'Twig', 'Nice 'n' Spicy' compliments its colour perfectly and also warms it up a bit with its brown undertone. I have been in love with MAC lipsticks for ages obviously, but the normal lip liners can be a bit drying, to be honest. Not is this one, which is one of the pro-longwear lip pencils, as it glides on perfectly and actually leaves your lips feeling soft and moisturized - and it NEVER wears off!

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

I had been looking for a mascara to replace my Benefit's 'Roller Lash' for months but couldn't find anything that would give my lashes the same long and volumized effect that Roller Lash did. It is overall very hard to find a mascara that defines and separates your lashes, elongates them AND adds lots of volume at the same time. To be honest, Roller Lash has been the only mascara that I've ever tried that did that job how I wanted it to. Until I came across this! Maybelline Lash Sensational is not only so much more affordable than Roller Lash but it also does the job as well, if not even better than Benefit's option. And because it is less than half the price, you get a lot more for your money. I had heard a lot about it but wasn't sure if I should try it but I'm soo happy I did! Also, it doesn't smudge under your eyes after applying it even after you bought it brand new, which most mascaras do. So impressed by this!!

shop here


Fragrance




Esteé Lauder Bronze Goddess

'A sensuous, sun-drenched blend of Bergamot, warm Amber, Tiare Flower and Vanilla combined with delicious creamy Coconut. All heat. All desire. All woman.' (Esteé Lauder)

I've seen people rave about this for years but was never sure whether to try it or not. As it always only comes out during the summer, I had to wait until could give it a sniff, and the first time I smelled it, I actually didn't like it that much. Although that might have been because I sprayed it onto a spot where I had tried out a Bobbi Brown Body Lotion before, so maybe the two scents didn't like each other. When I smelled it at the Debenhams Summer Gala last week, I gave it a second try and absolutely loved it. Due to the event, I saved about 15% off the price and went home happily. I have been spraying it on nonstop several times a day since then and can't get enough. It smells delicious, stays on for hours and just makes you feel really put together and summery!
It says the scent has three different types of notes; sensuous, warm, and radiant. The individual components are: 
Amber, Coconut Milk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Myrrh,
Juicy Mandarin, Sicilian Bergamont, Lemon, Pulpy Orange,
Tiare Flower, Jasmine, Magnolia Petals, Orange Flower Buds, Lavender.

Summer in a bottle!


Style




Call it Spring Quilted Cross Body Bag

No, I cannot afford a real Chanel Boy bag and yes, I really wish I could. But this bag is probably the most beautiful one I have ever seen except the original one. I saw it - and had to have it. I mean, who knows, maybe I can actually afford a real Chanel bag one day, but until then, this will do the job as well. I always feel so put together when I wear it and whether to complete an already sophisticated-looking outfit, or to dress up a simple style, it has been my go-to companion since I bought it.



Food



Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Raw Coconut Oil

This should actually fall into the beauty section, but I put it into the food one as it is - well - food. As I have been cooking for myself for the past 9 months, I have been trying out all different kinds of dishes, especially baking is something I really enjoy. And instead of using olive or vegetable oil, I wanted to try out coconut oil, as it is supposed to be better for you. I am not an expert and don't know if that's even true, but I thought I'd give it a try. Especially my vegan banana bread tastes amazing with it! Also, I have heard that coconut oil is basically the best beauty product you could use. I have started putting it into the lenghts of my hair and have noticed a difference immediately; I have been massaging it into my skin and my nails and it actually does work wonders. And not to forget: It smells absolutely heavenly. Another product that basically contains summer in a jar.



Alpro Soya Chocolate Flavour Drink

As I said, I want to cut down on dairy products as they make me feel very uncomfortable, and I absolutely love soya instead of cow milk. For my granola and everything else, I use normal, unsweetened soya milk, but this one is mainly to satisfy my constant desire for sweets. I know it contains a lot of sugar and is probably not good for you at all but psshht - I simply don't feel too bad about drinking it and I guess it is still better than Nesquik. I fill up one glass of it in the morning and sometimes I'll have another one during the day instead of a snack, which keeps me going. It's delicious and makes me eat less cookies or real chocolate - which is always good.


Books





The Hungry Student Vegetarian Cookbook by Charlotte Pike

This cookbook is definitely my book of the month. I discovered it at The Works and it was not only a bargain, but it is also VERY useful. Especially as a student, it is quite tricky to feed yourself well and buy the right things with a low budget. Mostly, it seems a lot easier to just go across the road and order a pizza than cooking for yourself, especially if you have to share a kitchen like I do. This book however, shows you how to make simple and easy but delicious dishes with cheap ingredients that anyone can get in their local supermarket. As meat is usually the most expensive item on the shopping list, I have cut down on it rapidly and therefore, it can be really hard to have creative ideas what to cook for myself sometimes. This book has taught me what items I should always have stocked up in my cupboard and how to cook for several days, so you save not only time but also money. If you're a student, get your hands on it!

shop here


Skincare




Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E

'This rich, concentrated cream is an advanced moisturiser that softens, smoothes and relieves very dry skin. Enriched with Vitamin E, it also helps blend marks and scars and is ideal for moisturising hands, elbows, knees and feet.'
I feel like this post has a cocoa-coconut theme! If you love the smell of chocolate and you want to have moistruized hands at the same time, you have to get your hands on this! I just threw it into my trolly while grocery shopping at Sainsbury's because I had ran out of my beloved Rituals Hand Lotion. I didn't even think much about it, I just needed something that could help me prevent dry hands due to the amount of dish washing I do every day. Palmer's is a good and very affordable brand and I had read a lot about their Cocoa Butter Formula Collection, so I thought this would be a good product just do have next to you and reach for whenevery you need it. The size is also perfect to just chuck in your handbag to always have something to moistruize when you're on the go, and it holds all its promises!

shop here


That was everything, thanks for reading!
Tell me what your favourites have been, I'd love to hear about it!
Vivien xx

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

About me

INSTAGRAM: @vivienwlsn

Like us on Facebook