Some Short Travels

Some Short Travels I went on some little trips through Germany over the past couple of weeks and got to enjoy a bit of the German Summe...

Some Short Travels


I went on some little trips through Germany over the past couple of weeks and got to enjoy a bit of the German Summer as I didn't go on a real holiday this year because of university and stuff.





First, I went up to the North Sea to a small village near the town Cuxhaven in Germany called Dorum-Neufeld. It's a cute little place with a small harbour, some beaches (although they're only grass beaches without sand) and a tiny town centre. During our time there, there was a little funfair right next to the harbour and you could, of course, do trips into the 'Watt'. If you don't know what that is, basically the Watt is the seabed that appears when there is a low tide, the ebb. Because of the moon, the North Sea has tides, which means that two times a day, the water rises an falls. When he tide is so low that you actually can't see anything of the sea anymore, that's when you can see the Watt and walk on the actual sea ground. It's a really interesting natural spectacle and if you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely visit the North Sea one time.

The only shame was that it wasn't really warm and summery when I went there, so I basicallly didn't even feel like I was on a Summer holiday, sigh. I actually wanted to go somewhere hot and sunny but my dad wanted to go there because of our dog and so, I had to give up on white beaches.

But my trip from last week was definitely more summery and enjoyable for me because me, my mum and my grandma went to a lake called Edersee, which is in Hessen, Germany. The weather was so nice and warm and the lake is actually really big and the landscape seems to come right out of your fairytale's book. There are very old forrests and huge hills from where you can have a great view over the area and everything is green and so relaxing. There is a castle on top of one of the hills which is called Schloss Waldeck after the small town next to it. It is very old and used to be really rhich and poweful in the past. All in all, we had some fun three days with a lot of action, hiking and good food.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed your Summer so far! As August is over soon, I will be packing up all of my stuff to move out and travel to England, so be prepared for some exciting stuff to come!
Love,
Vivi xx

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

About me

INSTAGRAM: @vivienwlsn

Like us on Facebook